Summer School Information
2018 Summer School
- All Summer School classes will be held at LIBERTYVILLE HIGH SCHOOL for the 2018 summer term.
- District 128 will provide bus transportation for in-district students only for $45 per student per session.
- District 128 Summer School has seven bus routes this year covering Libertyville and Vernon Hills.
- Semester 1 Bus Schedule
- Semester 2 Bus Schedule
- Please note the start time is the only time listed. We ask that for the first few days, students get out to their stop early until the bus drivers establish their “timing” on the route.
- Registration will open soon!
- Tuesday, June 5 through Thursday, July 26 (No school Wednesday, July 4)
- Driver Education
- Tuesday, June 5 through Thursday, July 19 (No school Wednesday, July 4)
- There will be no classes on Fridays. The building will be closed on Fridays.
- 7:45 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.
- First semester classes will meet Tuesday, June 5 through Thursday, June 28 and earn 1/2 credit.
- Second semester classes will meet Monday, July 2 through Thursday, July 26 and earn 1/2 credit. (No school July 4)
- Please check individual course for class fee. (Out of district students will add $75 to the class fee)
- Driver Education
- $245.00 (District 128) / $295.00 (Out of District)
District 128 students will request to enroll in a summer school course with their guidance counselor. Students will then be mailed a bill for the course along with a Summer School Registration Form. Instructions for completing the registration will be included in the mailing.
Students will be officially registered in the course only after the following have been received at the summer school office:
1) a completed registration form and
2) Payment for the full amount of the bill.
Payment by credit card is preferred and will be accepted online only via our secure webstore beginning March 7th. If you are paying by credit card, you will complete the registration form online. Payment by check must be accompanied by a completed registration form. All outstanding school fees must be paid before registering for summer school.
Out-of-district students may register by visiting http://www.d128.org/our-schools/summer-school or contacting Diana Gratz at 847-327-7006 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Summer School registration is available only to District 128 students until April 25. After April 25, we will fill classes with both District 128 and out-of-district students on a first-come basis.
Registration for driver education will be done on the district website beginning Wednesday, March 7th. Students must pre-enroll with their counselor before online registration can be completed. More information regarding the online registration process will be mailed home once the student is pre-enrolled with their counselor.
Refunds will not be issued after April 20th unless the class is cancelled by District 128. The District 128 Summer School Program is financially self-supportive; therefore, decisions regarding enrollment and course sections must be made in fairness to all students and teachers. No refunds will be made when students are dropped from a class for poor attendance, for disciplinary reasons, or discontinued attendance of their own.
Transfer of Credits
Students from schools outside of District 128 should check with their own school prior to enrolling in summer school. Please be sure you have completed the Student Information Form by the end of the first week of classes so that we can transfer credits to your home school.
Report cards will be issued at the end of second semester. Summer school grades will be accessible through PowerSchool. Log-ins and passwords for summer school are consistent with those used during the school year. New D128 students and out-of-district students will receive their log-in information during the first few days of summer school.