Welcome to the Department of Athletics
Athletic Scheduling Program
We will be using rSchool to schedule all Athletic Contests. This program has a lot of features that will make it easier to keep track of your sons/daughters contest schedule. For example:
- You can download your son/daughters contest schedule into your calendar program and when we (the Athletic Department) change one of his/her contests, it will move the contest on whatever calendar program you use automatically - which is very nice.
- You can sign up to receive text/e-mail alerts regarding schedule changes - really nice for parents of kids playing outdoor spring sports where the schedule changes regularly.
- You can have rSchool send you a text or e-mail reminder 15/30/45/etc., minutes before your son/daughters contest is supposed to start so you don't miss it.
- rSchool User Guide
End of Season Surveys
Student Athletes – The Vernon Hills Athletic Department is always looking for ways we can improve our Athletic Programs, and we want to get some feedback from you about the season. To gather this feedback, we have created a survey for you to complete - see below:
CPR Training Video
Illinois Public Act 098-0305 requires the IHSA to be given a CPR training video to post on its website so that staff at IHSA-member schools can watch it. The act also indicates school districts shall notify parents and encourage them to view the video. CPR Training Video.
Important Dates - VHHS
- Fall - Friday August 18th - 3:30 pm - 6:30 pm
- Winter 1 - Saturday November 11th - 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Winter 2 - Monday November 27th - 3:30 pm - 5:30 pm
- Winter 3 - Tuesday November 28th - 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm - Brunswick Zone Hawthorn
- Spring - Saturday March 10th - 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Spring - Thursday March 15th - 3:30 pm - 6:00 pm
Sport Specific Awards Nights
- Each Individual Sport will be hosting their own Sport Specific Awards Night.
Cougar Athletic Booster (CAB) Meetings and Events
- Wednesday September 13th - 7:00 pm in the VHHS Library
- Wednesday October 11th - 7:00 pm in the VHHS Library
- Wednesday November 8th - 7:00 pm in the VHHS Library
- Wednesday December 13th - 7:00 pm in the VHHS Library
- Wednesday January 10th - 7:00 pm in the VHHS Library
- Wednesday February 14th - 7:00 pm in the VHHS Library
- Wednesday March 14th - 7:00 pm in the VHHS Library
- Wednesday April 11th - 7:00 pm in the VHHS Library
- Wednesday May 9th - 7:00 pm in the VHHS Library
Extra-Curricular Code of Conduct
IHSA Sports Medicine
- VHHS Concussion Management Protocol
- Concussion Information Sheet
- IHSA Performance Enhancing Substance Testing Policy - Read Full Policy
- Information on Nutrition, Steroid Education and Hydration are available from the IHSA Sports Medicine Advisory Committee.
- Anabolic Steroid Educational Information from the NFHS.
- Athletico Homepage