Track and Field
1st Day of Practice: 1/28/19 (Monday) 3:45 p.m. on every school day
Indoor Season: Bay 3 of LHS Fieldhouse at 3:45 p.m.
Outdoor Season: LHS Stadium at 3:45 p.m.
UNIFORM RETURN: In a paper bag with NAME on it to Coach Mendelsohn's office.
LHS Track & Field Mission:
The Libertyville High School Athletic Program will promote the DARING mission of District 128 by providing our student-athletes the opportunities to reach their potential as responsible and productive citizens. This is accomplished by fostering a culture of success with an emphasis on academic, athletic, social and personal development.
LHS Team Expectations For Success: PROGRAM
Passionate, Respectful, One, Grit, Reliable, Accountable, Mindful
These core values are non-negotiable.
LHS Travel Policy to and from Athletic Events
"All athletes are to ride the bus to and from away meets. This is part of belonging to the team. Occasionally athletes may ride home with their own parents at the completion of the meet. Parents need to sign out their sons on the “sign out” sheet. No LHS T&F athlete is allowed to leave the meet with a parent until the conclusion of the meet. The last event is the 4x400m relay."
Cheer on your teammates!
Guidelines for Running Outdoors
- Cold weather for T&F is considered below 40 degrees, which requires warm clothes
- Warm clothes are needed to run outdoors (L/S Shirts, Sweat pants, Hats, Gloves, etc.)
- Run on sidewalks when possible, no more than 2 runners abreast while running in the roadway.
- When running on the street, run on the left side so you can see oncoming traffic.
- Never run alone and always know and follow the route.
- Earbuds and music devices are not permitted while running at practice.
Join "REMIND" for updates!