Junior/Senior Prom 2021
“Passport to Prom”
Saturday, May 22, 2021
Student Council cordially invites you to the annual Junior/Senior Prom this year to take place at Libertyville High School on Saturday, May 22, 2021. Get ready to “take flight” on this one-of-a-kind Prom experience. You will select a specific Flight Time and Airline in order to stagger prom attendees in groups of 50. No matter which Flight Time and Airline you book for your prom experience, you will enjoy the same 3 memorable Prom destinations. Prom signup is a 2 step process.
Step 1: Purchase your ticket
- Tickets: Tickets will cost $50 each via the Webstore. Ticket Sales will open to all current LHS juniors and seniors from Thursday, April 8th to Thursday, April 15th. Tickets will reopen on April 22nd for those juniors and seniors who did not purchase a ticket before April 15th.
Step 2: Book your flight AFTER ticket sales close. You will receive a SignUpGenius Link to your LHS Gmail Account (See details below)
- Early Bird booking for seniors!: Seniors who purchased a ticket will be able to “book” their flight time via SignUpGenius for 2 days on April 19th and 20th. Be ready with your name, email address and ID number.
- Booking for ALL attendees: SignUpGenius will open up to all ticket purchasers (remaining seniors and all juniors) April 21st. Be ready with your name, email address and ID number. Ticket purchasers who have not booked their prom flight by April 23rd will be assigned a flight time.
- Traveling in a Group? Each flight can accommodate 50 prom passengers. If you want to be on the same flight as your friends, please be sure to coordinate ahead of time as seats will be sure to fill up fast.
- Flight Times? Once you receive the SignUpGenius link, students will be able to book their spot on one of the following flights.*
- Libertyville Airways Flight time 5:45pm-7:45 (50 slots)
- Wildcat Air Flight time 5:45pm-7:45 (50 slots)
- Libertyville Airways Flight time 6:30-8:30 (50 slots)
- Wildcat Air Flight time 6:30-8:30 (50 slots)
- Libertyville Airways Flight time 7:15-9:15 (50 slots)
- Wildcat Air Flight time 7:15-9:15 (50 slots)
- Libertyville Airways Flight time 8:00-10:00 (50 slots)
- Wildcat Air Flight time 8:00-10:00 (50 slots)
- Purchase your ticket via the Webstore
- Sign up for flight via Sign Up Genius when you receive the link.
- Masks must be worn at all times
- Social Distancing must be maintained at all times
- Bring socks if you plan on roller skating
- You must be a junior or senior at LHS during the 2020-2021 school year.
- Evidence of a negative Covid test to attend prom.
- Temperature checks will be conducted upon arrival.
- Can I bring a guest?
- No, Libertyville Prom 2021 is open to current Libertyville High School juniors and seniors only.
- Can I change my flight once I book it?
- Once you book your flight, you will be able to make changes via Sign Up Genius until April 21, 2021.
- What if I want to be on a flight with a specific group of people?
- You can coordinate together to book the same flight on Sign Up Genius.
- What happens if all flights get filled up?
- Additional flights will be made available if necessary.
- What is attire?
- Student feedback indicated that students would like this to be a formal event (dresses, suits), but it is not required.
- Some activities will be more active than others, so please bring/wear comfortable shoes.
- Be sure to bring socks if you plan on roller skating.
- What safety precautions has Libertyville High School taken?
- LHS is following all Lake County Covid requirements per IDPH guidelines.
- Students must wear a mask and social distance of no less than 3 feet at all times.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in each room.
- Temperature Checks will be conducted upon arrival.
- Evidence of a negative Covid test administered between May 17, 2021 and May 22, 2021 will be required. More information on Covid testing to follow. Please check your Gmail regularly.
- Will food be served?
- No. Food will not be available at this event.
- Is financial support available for prom tickets if I need assistance purchasing a ticket?
- Yes, please contact your counselor for details.
- What can I bring with me?
- No bags/backpacks (small purses are acceptable). Please bring only things that you can carry. No water bottles/drinks or food.
- What if I want to leave early or come late?
- Prom attendees will be in flight for the 2 hour duration of prom. No late arrivals or early dismissals will be allowed. Please contact activities director Jennifer.email@example.com if you have a scheduling conflict.
- What if I am unable to attend an in-person prom this year?
- Stay tuned for more information on an exciting at-home prom experience. More information will be forthcoming.