We will hold the PSAT 8/9 at LHS on the morning of Saturday, October 15th, 2022. The PSAT 8/9 is required for all 8th graders who will attend LHS. You are automatically registered for this test by being a student in an LHS feeder school.
We ask that students be dropped off at the LHS main entrance between 7:50-8:10 am to check in and receive their room assignment. We recommend carpooling as traffic will be congested. All students are to be seated in their assigned rooms by 8:15 am to begin testing procedures.
Testing should be completed by noon; however, students receiving accommodations per an individualized education plan (IEP) or a 504 plan, may finish at different times. Students receiving accommodations will receive a letter prior to testing with more specific details about their accommodations.
Students who miss the test on October 15th will be contacted on Monday, October 17th with details regarding the test makeup. The makeup is typically the following Saturday morning.
What to bring:
- Two No. 2 pencils with erasers
- Calculator. A basic four-function calculator will work. No need to buy an expensive calculator for this test
- Valid school ID (if available)
What NOT to bring:
- Any device, including smartwatches and phones that can be used to record, transmit, receive or playback audio, photographic, text, or video content
- Protractors, compasses, rulers
- Highlighters, colored pens or pencils
- Papers of any kind
- Dictionaries or other books
- Food and drinks– including bottled water
- 7:50 am - 8:10 am Check-in and report to the testing room. Begin pre-administration
- 8:45am - 11:45am Testing
- 11:45am - 12:00pm Collect tests and dismiss