LHS College Application Checklist
Create Application and Transcript Accounts
Common App Information
Use the LHS Cheat Sheet for LHS stats: class size, class rank, GPA scale.
Letters of Recommendation
Invite and assign teachers, counselor and other recommenders in the FERPA & Recommenders section
- Invite your counselor. You only need to do this once.
- Invite your teacher and assign them to each school to which they will send a letter. You need to do this for each college. If you don't assign them, they cannot upload a letter for you.
Log into your Parchment account at www.parchment.com
Common App: Send ONE transcript to Common App. Parchment will send it to all of your Common App schools. Your Common App ID (CAID) is in the upper right corner of your Common App.
Coalition & College Apps: Send a transcript to each college to which you are applying.
Other Application Elements
Schedule Interviews and/or Auditions
Complete Portfolios, if required
Find this under the "My Colleges" tab
Sign the FERPA Release Authorization
- Click on any college in your list to find the link
- Sign release once and it is applied to all colleges
- We highly encourage you to waive your rights. Concerns? Ask your CRC. Once made, you cannot change your selection!
Common App Tab>Writing
- Main essay, commonly called the Common App Essay
- Tip: easiest to copy in from Word
- My Colleges tab>Writing Supplement and/or
- My Colleges tab>Questions
- Tip: Be sure to look in both places!
The application and writing supplement may require separate submissions. Make sure you hit “submit” for all of your writing.
Check the list of test-optional colleges at Fairtest.org
Allow 2-3 weeks for scores to arrive
DO NOT stress if you haven’t taken a test or aren’t happy with your score. Colleges recognize the issues and are being flexible!
FAFSA & CSS Profile
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.