Dear District 128 Students and Families:
On Tuesday, November 17th, Governor Pritzker placed the state of Illinois in Phase 4, Tier III of COVID-19 mitigation. In response, the IHSA announced that beginning at 12:01 a.m. on Friday, November 20th, all IHSA winter sports will be paused until a later date.
As we have throughout the pandemic, D128 will comply with related guidance from the Governor’s Office, the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), and the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE).
D128 Winter Athletic Teams will continue their tryouts/practices/training as scheduled in person through Thursday, November 19th. The teams will use this in-person time to complete their squad selection process and prepare to make the switch to eAthletics, which will start no later than Monday, November 23rd. Teams will continue to practice/train virtually with their coaches for the duration of the IHSA pause.
In addition to athletics, D128 administration will pause all in-person extracurricular clubs, activities and programs, including after-school fine arts programs. On Friday, November 20, all extracurricular clubs, activities and programs will shift to operating in a fully-remote format. Club sponsors and fine arts program staff will communicate specific information to students involved in each program impacted by this pause.
This pause will remain in effect until the Governor, IDPH and/or ISBE determine that it is safe to return to in-person winter athletics and extracurricular clubs, activities and programs.
Moving forward, District 128 asks that all our students, staff and families continue to:
- Commit 100% to your virtual training, meetings, and practice sessions.
- Practice the 3 W’s - Wear a mask, Watch your distance, Wash your hands.
- Make good decisions regarding attending/hosting social gatherings.
If you have any questions, please contact your school’s Athletic Director, Activities Director or Fine Arts Supervisor:
Libertyville High School:
- John Woods (Athletics) - 847-327-7063 - email@example.com
- Jennifer Uliks (Student Activities) - 847-327-7258 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dustin Helvie (Fine Arts) - 847-327-7057 - email@example.com
Vernon Hills High School:
- Brian McDonald (Athletics) - 847-932-2022 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Deborah Beagle (Student Activities) - 847-932-2195 - email@example.com
- Dr. Drew Russell (Fine Arts) - 847-932-2282 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your attention to this letter, and for your continued adaptability, flexibility and support.
Dr. Prentiss Lea Dr. Jon Guillaume Dr. Thomas Koulentes
D128 Superintendent. VHHS Principal LHS Principal