The students in special education will:
- Be treated fairly and given equal opportunity to receive an appropriate education based on their IEP.
- Receive a complete explanation of their IEP accommodations.
- Receive assistance and/or guidance from their case manager in matters relating to their education and success in school.
- Communicate their academic difficulties to their case manager as soon as possible.
- Be honest with others regarding their educational abilities and difficulties.
- Put forth their best work effort in all of their courses.
- Follow all school rules.
- Make a sincere effort toward meeting the goals of their IEP.
- Bring coursework and assignment books to their scheduled Tutorial/TAB resource classes each school day.
- Attend staffings/meetings that concern their education.
Parents/guardians of students receiving special education have:
- All the rights set forth in the federal law IDEA as amended in 2004.
- A right to request a parent conference with their student’s case manager, or an IEP meeting with the Program Supervisor.
- A right to expect a timely response to their inquiries, concerns, and requests for information and assistance in understanding their student’s IEP and school schedule.