The VHHS Girls' Lacrosse Team fields Varsity, Junior Varsity, and Frosh/Soph teams. Our Junior Varsity team is composed of all grades and focuses on developing players for the Varsity team. Our Frosh/Soph team focuses on the basics of the sport and developing players to compete at the JV and Varsity levels.
Contact a Coach or Coaches listed on the "Coaches" page to request information.
Please see the Schedule & Calendar page for game and practice times.
THE SEASON STARTS MONDAY APRIL 5!!!
- Season Start / Tryouts (start Mon, April 5)
- Tryouts Registration - 4 pm
- Practice - 4 pm to 7 pm (includes registration)
- Location - VHAC South Girls' Lacrosse #13 (our game/practice fields)
- You must bring your own formed mouthguard
- Please wear a facemask and bring your own water
- You must be registered with the Athletic Department to play Girls' Lacrosse and have a current physical on file before you can participate
- Email Coach Darden if you have questions about your registration status.
Feel free to contact Coach Werntz or anyone else on the coaching staff if you would like additional information about the Girls' Lacrosse Program:
THE GIRLS' LACROSSE ONLINE CLOTHING STORE IS OPEN!
Our online clothing store is currently open. It will close at midnight Sunday April 11 (or as soon as vendor personnel arrive at work on Monday to shut it down !).
- Online store details
- 2021 GLAX Online Store Flyer
- 2021 GLAX Online Store link
- Additional items for purchase that are not found in OUR online store
CONGRATULATIONS TO LISA BOEHMER!
We'd like to congratulate Lisa Boehmer on her recent signing with Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. Lisa plans to major in chemical engineering and minor in mathematics while playing lacrosse for the Engineers.
VHHS GIRLS' LACROSSE NEWSLETTER
- Off-season newsletters are sent to potential players and their parents
- In-season newsletters are sent to players within the program and their parents
SENIOR HONORS DAY
VHHS has released the full four-part series of Senior Honor Day presentations as of May 21. In normal years there is a big assembly to recognize these recipients but the school went virtual this year.
We'd like to congratulate all the award recipients but would like to give a shout out to those associated with the Girls' Lacrosse Program:
- Sari Gluck (former player) - Choral Award of Excellence, Honors Graduate
- Suniti Gohil - Honors Graduate
- Esther Olson - Jane Anne Schuster Memorial Scholarship
- Faith O'Neal - National Honor Society Scholarship Award
- Alexis Rootberg - 12-Sport Athlete, Commended National Merit Scholar, Honors Graduate
- Caden Tran (former manager) - The Student Council Award, #VHGIVE Award, James R. Whittington Principal's Leadership Award, Honors Graduate
- Carolyn Uhm - Honors Graduate
2019 GIRLS' LACROSSE AWARDS "NIGHT"
Our 2019 Girls' Lacrosse Awards Program was held on Saturday May 25. Although the following players were recogized with program, conference, and/or IHSA awards, the coaching staff would like to thank all of our players for another great season of play.
All-Sectional Player - Lisa Boehmer, Mareia Cunningham, Carolyn Uhm
Central Suburban League - Sportsmanship Award - Mareia Cunningham
Central Suburban League - All-Conference - Carolyn Uhm
Central Suburban League - All-Academic - Samantha Harris, Natalia Palafox Burbano, Taylor Phan
Joyce Kolton Varsity Most Valuable Player Award - Taylor Phan
Varsity Most Valuable Player, Offense - Lisa Boehmer
Varsity Most Valuable Player, Defense - Laine Moseley
Bob Thompson Varsity Rookie of the Year - Corinne O'Brien
Varsity Team Spirit Award - Nadia Tourjman
Varsity Most Improved Player - Mareia Cunningham
Junior Varsity Most Valuable Player - Jacqueline Morales
Frosh/Soph Most Valuable Player - Sanjana Anand
3-Sport Athletes - Ayse Cheung, Kendall Cohen, Ashleigh Gottleib, Skyler Morrison, Laine Moseley, Faith O'Neal, Alexis Rootberg, Cynthia Sifuentes, Cosette Vela
The 2019 Spring Sports Awards Booklet can be found here (see link at word "here").