Yearbook - Class of 2019 - Parent Tributes
Q: What is a parent tribute?
A: The parent tributes are popular feature in the VHHS yearbook, and they are located in the “parent tribute” section (this section can be seen starting on page 210 of the 2017-2018 yearbook). This is an opportunity for parents of seniors to submit a baby or childhood picture of their child, reflect upon the past, and also convey some words of advice for the future. In addition to the example below, there are some great examples of what the parent tributes will look like in past VHHS yearbooks. The final day to submit your Parent Tribute is October 1, 2018. Any tributes received after October 1st will incur an additional cost (see below).
Parent Tribute Example:
We are proud of you and all that you have accomplished. The future holds endless possibilities for you. Dream big and also pursue your goals. Congratulations, and know that you have our unconditional love and support as you pursue this next step in your journey.
Love, Mom and Dad (you could include other siblings or family members names here as well)
How to submit the parent tribute:
- Visit the VHHS CONTINUUM (YEARBOOK) webpage under the STUDENTS tab. Click on SENIOR PARENT TRIBUTE. This link will take you directly to the parent tribute payment and submission page. Here is a direct link.
- Tributes purchased before October 1, 2018 will cost $50. If you pay and submit the tribute after October 1, 2018, the tribute will have an increased cost of $55.
- Unfortunately, due to yearbook publishing deadlines, no tributes will be accepted after December 1, 2018.
- Parents will pay and submit their student photo with written tribute all online.
- Photos can be scanned in using a scanner at home or at a local store that has a photo scanner for public use (Walgreens, the library, etc).
Restrictions and Conditions for the Parent Tributes
The yearbook Continuum is part of our school curriculum. In accordance with District 128 School Board policies, the following restrictions and conditions apply:
- Continuum will not accept tributes from anyone other than the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of seniors in recognition of their child’s graduation
- Continuum will not accept more than one tribute per household per graduate
- Continuum will not accept tributes that are meant to recognize anyone other than the graduate.
- Continuum will offer tributes in one standard size only.
- Continuum reserves the right to correct substandard grammar and/or misspellings.
- Continuum reserves the right to modify the size of the pictures and to modify the layout or design of the tributes so that a standard and consistent style is preserved.
- Continuum will not accept tributes that have a negative connotation to any party.
- Continuum will not accept tributes that encompass topics such as drugs, alcohol, religious institutions, political groups, and firearms or products deemed dangerous to public safety.
- Continuum reserves the right to reject any tribute from any part at any time with approval from the administration.
- At any time, Continuum may recommend to the administration changing its procedure.
If you have any questions, please contact me using the information below.
Carolyn McDonald, VHHS Yearbook Advisor