Q: What is a parent tribute?
A: Parent tributes (also referred to as “ads”) are a popular feature in the VHHS yearbook. They are located in the “Parent Tribute” section. This is an opportunity for parents of seniors to submit a baby or childhood picture of their child, reflect upon the past, and also convey some words of advice for the future. Ads are all the same size and each fills approximately ⅛ of a page in the yearbook. In addition to the example below, there are some great examples of what the parent tributes will look like in past VHHS yearbooks (pages 214-233 of the 2021 yearbook).
Q: What is the cost to purchase a parent tribute?
A: Pricing can be found in the table below. Please note, purchasing an ad does not include a yearbook. Yearbooks can be purchased at the VHHS school webstore until October 31, 2021. After October 31, yearbooks may be purchased on the Herff Jones website at www.yearbookordercenter.com.
|If your senior tribute is submitted:||Your cost will be:|
|Before November 1, 2021||$50|
|November 2 and December 1, 2021||$55|
December 2, 2021 and January 1, 2022
January 1, 2022 is the last day parent tributes will be accepted.
How to submit a parent tribute:
- Please note, the order website also refers to parent tributes as “ads.” You want to create/buy an ad.
- This link will take you directly to the parent tribute payment and submission page. Here is a direct link: www.yearbookordercenter.com. Or, you may visit the VHHS CONTINUUM (YEARBOOK) webpage under the STUDENTS tab. Click on SENIOR PARENT TRIBUTE.
- Enter our school’s order number 8956 OR enter the name of our school in the search bar.
- On the top menu bar, select either “Buy Yearbook Ad” or click “Hi Guest,” then “Sign In” to create an account.
- “My Ad Projects” will populate after you have created an account with directions to follow.
- Please be sure to type in your child’s first AND last name to be listed at the top of the tribute.
- Due to publishing deadlines, no tributes will be accepted after January 1, 2022.
- Parents will pay and submit their student photo with written tribute all online.
- Photos can be scanned using a scanner at home or at a local store that has a photo scanner for public use (Walgreens, the library, etc).
- If you are experiencing technical difficulties, please call 1-877-362-7750 and press 2 for senior ad help.
Restrictions and Conditions for the Parent Tributes
The yearbook Continuum is part of our school curriculum. In accordance with District 128 School Board policies, the following restrictions and conditions apply:
- Continuum will not accept tributes from anyone other than the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of seniors in recognition of their child’s graduation.
- Continuum will not accept more than one tribute per household per graduate.
- Continuum will not accept tributes that are meant to recognize anyone other than the graduate.
- Continuum will offer tributes in one standard size only.
- Continuum reserves the right to correct substandard grammar and/or misspellings.
- Continuum reserves the right to modify the size of the pictures and to modify the layout or design of the tributes so that a standard and consistent style is preserved.
- Continuum will not accept tributes that have a negative connotation to any party.
- Continuum will not accept tributes that encompass topics such as drugs, alcohol, religious institutions, political groups, and firearms or products deemed dangerous to public safety.
- Continuum reserves the right to reject any tribute from any part at any time with approval from the administration.
- At any time, Continuum may recommend to the administration changing its procedure.
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. McDonald and reference your child’s full name in all correspondence.