September 8, 2021
Dear Parent or Guardian:
You are receiving this letter because your student is enrolled in an Advanced Placement (AP) course for the 2021-2022 school year.
Taking the Advanced Placement exams is an important part of all AP courses. Vernon Hills High School desires that all students take AP exams for the AP classes that they have taken. Scoring well on an AP exam can often earn students college credit for their high school class, saving a significant amount on tuition.
Taking an AP Exam 2021-2022 at VHHS - BOTH STEPS MUST BE COMPLETED
*If you are in 2nd Semester Government, Psychology and/or Macroeconomics, read carefully - there are 2nd semester only deadlines different from year long and 1st semester courses. Please DO NOT complete either step for 2nd semester only classes. You will receive a separate letter after 2nd semester begins.
- STEP 1 - ALL AP Students JOIN each of their AP Classes on the MyAP platform (https://myap.collegeboard.org/login). Teachers shared JOIN CODES with their classes.
- DEADLINE - Year Long Classes and 1st Semester Classes - AUGUST 27, 2021
- DEADLINE - 2nd Semester ONLY Classes (Government, Psychology, Macroeconomics) - JANUARY 28, 2022.
** If you are planning on taking an Exam for a course you are not taking/enrolled in you must contact Mr. O’Brien ASAP
- STEP 2 - Students and Parents/Guardians together will REGISTER and PAY to take AP Exam(s) using Total Registration (www.TotalRegistration.net/AP/144214).
**Have a credit or debit card available as AP Exam payments will be made online.
** If you are not planning to take an AP exam for a course you are enrolled in, please still. complete this step in Total Registration. During the process, you will have an opportunity to select “Taking a Course, Not Taking Exam” and will not be prompted to pay.
** During the Total Registration process, you will be asked if you participate in the Fee Waiver program at VHHS. If yes, appropriate exam fees will be waived at the time of checkout.
- EACH AP Exam you register for is $96 ($144 for AP Seminar & AP Research).
- The Exam Fee increases to $136 ($184) after the deadlines below.
- DEADLINE - Year Long Classes and 1st Semester Classes - NOVEMBER 6, 2021
- A $40 late fee will be added to all payments made after November 6, 2021
- Year Long and 1st Semester Class AP Exams WILL NOT be ordered after NOVEMBER 12, 2021.
- DEADLINE - 2nd Semester ONLY Classes (Government, Psychology, Macroeconomics) - MARCH 4, 2022.
- A $40 late fee will be added to all payments made after March 4, 2022
- 2nd Semester ONLY Class (Government, Psychology, Macroeconomics) AP Exams WILL NOT be ordered after MARCH 11, 2022.
If a student chooses to cancel an AP exam, there will be a $40 cancellation fee (you will be refunded the cost of the exam minus $40). The cancellation fee will be in effect starting November 13th for year long and 1st semester classes and will take effect March 12, 2022 for 2nd semester only classes.
Please contact Mr Joseph O'Brien, email@example.com , if you would like to register for an exam not listed or have any questions.