The Business Office strives to efficiently and effectively steward the resources the community has entrusted towards the educational goals of the community. We desire to do this in a transparent, ethical, and equitable way.
In recognition of the efforts we have put in these goals, the District has received the following awards:
- A perfect 4.0 “Recognition” award from the State of Illinois, the highest rank a school district can receive from the State for financial health.
- A Certificate of Excellence in Financial Reporting for our Comprehensive Annual Financial Report from the Association of School Business Officials International (ASBO).
- A Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting (COA) from the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA).
What We Do
The Business Office key responsibilities include:
- Banking Reconciliation
- Financial reporting to the Board of Education, State of Illinois, and the D128 Community
- Annual financial audit
- Preparation of the annual budget
- Risk management
- Managing District financial resources (investments and borrowing)
- Payment of all District bills
- Collection and recording of all District revenue including student fees
- Management of food services and transportation
- Oversight of construction projects