Summer School 2023
In-person summer school classes for 2023 are currently filled. If you are interested in being placed on the wait list should openings become available, please complete the form at this link.
We invite you to use the links in the menu at the left to view:
- 2023 Bus Route Information -- Please click on this link for a complete listing of Summer School bus routes. Students will take the bus route that is closest to their home address. In most cases, the bus stops are the same as during the regular school year. If you cannot find your bus route or stop please contact Diana Gratz at 847- 327-7006.
- General Information
- Summer School classes will be held at Vernon Hills High School -- 145 North Lakeview Parkway
- Semester 1: June 5 - Jun 29
- No School Monday, June 19
- Semester 2: July 5 - July 27
- No School Monday, July 3rd and Tuesday, July 4th. There will be Summer School/Offices open on Friday, July 7th
- There will be no classes on Fridays; the building will be closed with the exception of Friday, July 7th
- Semester 1: June 5 - Jun 29
- Class Hours
- 8:15 am - 12:45 pm
- Rules & Regulations
- Each day of Summer School is roughly equivalent to a week’s worth of coursework during the regular school year. Therefore, daily attendance is required. Any student who misses more than 2 days per semester course (1 day for Driver Education), will NOT receive credit for that semester course. Please do not ask for special consideration.
- Final Exams
In consultation with the Summer School Principal team, course teams will reach a consensus to select one of the following options to be completed during the final day(s) of each semester:
- Administer a final exam to assess a student’s understanding of essential course content.
- Design a culminating experience such as a presentation, project, or paper to assess a student’s understanding of essential course content.
- Eliminate a final exam or culminating project/presentation and continue coursework.
There will be no exemptions from culminating experiences/exams in Summer School. All students, regardless of the course grade in school and letter grade in the class, will be required to attend class on the final day of the semester and complete culminating experiences/exams should the course team select one of those options. Final exams are scheduled from 8:15 am - 12:45 pm on the last day of each semester. Students may be dismissed early on this day if their culminating experiences / exams are complete. Students will remain on campus until at least 10:30 am on this day.
- All students are to be in attendance when the period begins at 8:15 am. Any student who arrives after 8:15 am but before 8:30 am will be marked tardy. Five (5) accumulated tardies are to be treated as an absence. A student who continues to show up tardy thereafter may be dropped from the class at the discretion of the Summer School administration.
- Students who are taking courses for credit will receive the same type of grades as given during the regular school year.
- Please contact Ms. Diana Gratz at email@example.com or call 847-327-7006