Social workers at Libertyville High School provide support for students with a variety of issues which may be impacting on their day-to-day education.
Some of the ways we provide support for students:
- Providing support groups, groups that are topic based to the particular needs of our students.
- Advocating for student needs with teachers and consulting with educational staff
- Providing individual student counseling on a short term basis
- Providing educational opportunities around relevant social issues such as depression awareness, dealing with stress and anxiety, and seeking support in school.
- Crisis intervention services
- Participating in the identification and evaluation process for determining eligibility for special education students
- Networking with outside agencies and resources for referrals and crisis situations
- Classroom presentations about mental health and other topics
- Collaborate with local hospital providers to assist with transition of students back into the school setting.
- Provide need-based counseling referrals to families and students
- Assist with financial support for families in need
- Contact and additional support for students who are homeless. For more information on homelessness, click here.