Evening Contact Numbers: 6:00-8:00 PM Monday - Thursday
Please do not leave a voice message on these lines. If you do not reach a member of the night time staff, please contact Teresa Palaggi in the Community Education Office at 847-247-4575 or via email Teresa.Palaggi@d128.org. She will return your phone call or email the following business day.
Libertyville High School - Room 1103 - 847-327-7006
(Mark Feely & Jennifer Sheppard, Night Time Supervisor)
Vernon Hills High School - Room 1601 - 847-932-2081
(Mary Sas, Night Time Supervisor)
Community Education 128 Policies & Procedures
Registration, Tuition & Fees
Please register early! Some classes have limited spaces and fill up quickly. Classes with insufficient registration will be cancelled five business days prior tot he start of class. Registrations may be accepted up to the first night of class if seating capacity and adequate supply availability permits.
- Residents from surrounding communities are welcome to take classes for the same tuition fees as residents of D128.
- Registration begins immediately and runs throughout the semester unless otherwise noted.
- Prompt registration online or by mail helps ensure enrollment in class.
- Payment must be submitted at the time of registration. Checks (payable to Community High School District 128 or CHSD 128) can be used for mail-in registrations, and VISA or MasterCard are accepted with mail-in registrations and online registrations.
- In-person registration is available at the Community Education Office at the Administrative building at 50 Lakeview Parkway, Suite 104, Vernon Hills during the hours of 8:00 am – 4:00 pm. The office is closed on school holidays, and hours may vary over winter and spring breaks and during the summer. Please call 847-247-4575 to verify hours of operation.
- Registrations will be confirmed via email and an email reminder will be sent when the class is confirmed to run. Please mark your calendar with class dates, times and location. Unless you are notified by phone or email of a class cancellation, the class will meet.
- If material fees are listed in the course description as payable to the instructor, please make note and come to the class prepared with exact change or a check.
Course Withdrawal Policy
All classes in the Community Education Program are self-supporting and depend upon full collection of tuition, so once a class is confirmed, full refunds may not be given.
- When District 128 cancels the class, a full refund will be issued.
- Students wishing to cancel their registration must do so via email to Teresa.Palaggi@d128.org at least five business days prior to the class start.
- A $5 cancellation fee may be charged.
- Students must be 18 years of age or older, except those classes advertised for families or younger students or with approval of the director and the instructor.
- Photographs may be taken of participants in a class and are for the exclusive use of Community Education in future brochures, on our website, and on our social media sites. To opt out, call our office at (847) 247-4575.
- District 128 Community Education Program reserves the right to exclude from continued participation any individual whose conduct is disruptive to its program.
- A Certificate of Achievement may be granted upon the recommendation of the instructor at the completion of a course. All requests for certificates should be made through the instructor.
We offer a full money-back guarantee to a student that is dissatified with their class.
District 128 Gold Card Discount
Residents of District 128 who are 62 years of age and older can request a Gold Card. These discount cards give qualified residents free admission to LHS and VHHS athletic events (excluding IHSA sponsored events) and theatre performances, and up to a 20% discount on qualified Community Education classes which have Gold Card pricing listed in the class description. To activate this discount, you must call our office before registering for your first class.
To receive a Gold Card contact:
- Community Education Office: 847-247-4575
The Community Education Program offers a Military discount of up to 20% off eligible classes to all active service personnel and veterans of the U.S. Armed Services. To activate this discount, you must call our office (847-247-4575) before registering for your first class.
Americans With Disabilities
If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to participate in any program or activity, please contact the Community Education office for assistance at 847-247-4575. D128 is committed to making its classes accessible to everyone.
Statement of Non-Discrimination
It is the policy and practice of District 128 not to discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, age, height, weight, marital status, handicap, disability, or any other basis prohibited by Illinois or federal law. Please contact our office with any questions regarding District 128’s non-discrimination policies.
Smoking / Alcohol / Drug Use Policy
Community High School District 128 is a smoke, tobacco, alcohol, and drug free environment. No persons can be under the influence of an alcoholic beverage or illegal drug, or use e-cigarettes, vaping, or tobacco products anywhere on any district property.
LHS - Libertyville High School
708 W. Park Avenue, Libertyville, IL 60048
VHHS - Vernon Hills High School
145 N. Lakeview Parkway, Vernon Hills, IL 60061
District 128 District Office
50 Lakeview Parkway, Suite 104, Vernon Hills, IL 60061
- Off-site location directions are available on the website: www.ComEd128.org by clicking on the location name in the course description.
Students may park in any of the parking lots on school property. Please do not park in spaces marked Reserved.
No classes will be held when the high school is closed during the day. Check our District web site at www.d128.org for information about school closings. If weather becomes a problem later in the day, please call our office at 847-247-4575 before 4:00 PM to check on class status or check our website at www.ComEd128.org.
Fire Alarm And Tornado Warnings
Please follow the emergency procedures posted in your classroom in the event of a fire alarm or tornado warning and follow directions given by our staff and building security. Signs are posted at the doors showing the nearest exit and emergency shelter areas.
Community Education is always looking for talented individuals to teach classes. If you have a skill or hobby that you are passionate about and would like to share with others, we would love to discuss it with you. Contact us at 847-247-4575 or send resume and class idea/description to: email@example.com. We will get in touch with you regarding your idea.
Discrepancies/Changes in Catalog
It is sometimes necessary to make chaFnges in the location, times, or date of classes. On occasion, inadvertent errors may occur in the catalog. D128 will make every effort to advise registered students of changes. Corrected information will be reflected on our web page. We appreciate your patience and understanding in such matters.
Live Online Courses
For classes that will be conducted Live Online, students will receive an email prior to the start of class with the link that will allow them to join the class. Classes may be recorded at the discretion of the instructor. Students who prefer not to be recorded may turn off their video. Please email instructor or call our office at (847) 247-4575 at least one day prior to the start of the class so that we can inform the instructor.