Illinois State Seal of Biliteracy
The state of Illinois and District 128 have established a program to recognize high school graduates who have obtained a high level of proficiency in one or more languages in addition to English by offering the state Seal of Biliteracy.
Benefits of the Seal of Biliteracy:
Seal of Biliteracy will be noted on the student’s high school transcript and diploma.
Earn FREE college credit. Students will receive 2 years of college credit in language at any state school in Illinois
D128 students are eligible for the Seal of Biliteracy if they:
- Earn a score of 21 on the ACT
- OR 480 or higher on the ERW section of the SAT
- OR 4.8 overall on the ACCESS test (for EL students)
- Earn a score of 4 or 5 on an AP language exam at D128*
- OR 6 or above on all parts of the STAMP test
- OR I-5 or A on all parts of the AAPPL test or the ALIRA test (Latin)
- OR ILR1+ or ILR2 on each section of the ALTA test.
*Students will qualify after AP scores are reported in July. Transcripts will be updated at that time.
For more information please visit our LHS Seal of Biliteracy website.
For questons about testing or the Seal of Biliteracy, contact World Lanaguages Departement Chair Jenny Goettsche
AAPPL Tests are available in:
Arabic Chinese French
German Italian Japanese
Korean Portuguese (Brazilian)
STAMP Tests are available in:
Hebrew Hindi Polish Russian
ALTA Tests are available in:
*If your language is not listed above, please contact Jenny Goettsche, World Languages Department Chair.