• AP Physics C, AP Physics 1&2, Physics (1994-Present)
Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville (Edwardsville, IL)
• Bachelor of Science - Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville (Edwardsville, IL)
Major - Physical Science Education - Emphasis in Physics
Ball State University
• Masters in Physics Education
• National Board Certification - Adolescence and Young Adult/Science - Physics
• "Innovative Use of a Classroom Response System during Physics Lab" was published by process of peer review and appeared in the American Association of Physics Teachers (AAPT) journal, The Physics Teacher (January 2011). The article introduces a unique method using clickers to electronically capture student’s lab data as they are performing a physics lab.
• “New Spin on an Old Demo” published in the American Association of Physics Teachers (AAPT) journal, The Physics Teacher (September 2010). The article introduces a demonstration for the physics classroom LED lamps and AC current
• “Taking Advantage of Opportunities” published in the Guest Editorial section of the American Association of Physics Teachers (AAPT) journal, The Physics Teacher (April 2007). The article promotes involvement in AAPT by describing a unique and wonderfully rewarding experience that resulted from attending the AAPT 2007 conference.
• “Don’t Curve It, Convert It…,” was published by process of peer review and appeared in the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) journal, Mathematics Teacher (September 2007). The article introduces a mathematical method to convert grades that are based on learning objectives and mastery of content to a standard high school grading scale.
Honors and Awards
2018 “#1 Favorite Teacher” Vernon Hills High School
Vernon Hills High School –The Scratching Post (May 2018, Volume 17, Issue 4)
2010-11 Illinois Outstanding High School Physics Teaching Award
Awarded by the Illinois Section of the American Association of Physics Teachers (ISAAPT)
2007-08 Siemens Awards for Advanced Placement
The Siemens Corporation works with the College Board to award the top instructor out of all Advance Placement Math and Science classes in each state.
2003 Argonne National Laboratory – Ellis P. Steinberg Award
Award presented by Argonne National Laboratory to outstanding high school science instructor in Illinois.
2003 Federation of Teachers Excellence Award
Award presented by Illinois Federation of Teachers for outstanding high school instruction
1996 Who’s Who Among American Teachers
Other Roles at VHHS
Robotics Club Advisor/Coach