Incoming Freshman Families
All incoming 9th grade students must have a complete physical prior to the first day of school. You may turn your Health Form (English) / Health Form (Español) in to the main office or you may mail it to the nurse's office. Beginning with the class of 2024, incoming freshman must have a current Dental Examination Form (Español) on file with the nurse's office as well.
Where Do I Find...?
- Vernon Hills High School District Code for the PowerSchool App is ZBMC
- Bus Routes
- Bell Schedules.
- Athletic Information including starting dates, participation fees, Athletic Orientation meeting and more.
- Calendar - use this link to identify anticipated dates for 2019-2020 VHHS events.
- Parent Organizations - we encourage all of our parents to get involved. Find information on Cougar Parent Connection, Cougar Arts Support Team (CAST), Cougar Athletic Boosters (CAB), and more.
- Student Activities are a great way for students to connect to their peers and the school community.
- Calculator Use Policy - information on calculator model and expectations for use.
- Freshman outside summer reading assignment.
- Did You Know...Vernon Hills High School is among the top high schools in the nation?
This Prospective Students page will assist families who are “school shopping” or who have recently moved into the VHHS attendance area. We hope that your transition to VHHS is a smooth one! If you need additional assistance please do not hesitate to contact Vernon Hills High School.
Contact Ms. Jackie Roleck at 847-932-2073
VHHS Course Selection Process
The links below are designed to help you understand the course registration and school enrollment timeline at Vernon Hills High School. Each link below includes information, timelines, and other documents that will help you make informed decisions regarding your student’s progression through high school.
Please follow the links below to the page that will be the most helpful.
Current students - This page will assist next year's 10th, 11th and 12th grade students at VHHS understand the course selection process that they will go through to prepare for the next school year. Current students will work closely with their assigned counselor as they transition from year to year.
Current 8th Grade Students - Class of 2024 - This page will help“Future Cougars” understand the course selection and registration process they will go through to begin their career as a VHHS student. We hope this page will make this important transition as transparent as possible.
McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act of 1986 - For more information call Greg Stilling @ 847-932-2270.