Welcome to the Department of Athletics
Vernon Hills HS will be allowing spectators at all outdoor events this fall while practicing social distancing.
Athletic Scheduling Program
We will be using rSchool to schedule all Athletic Contests. This program has a lot of features that will make it easier to keep track of your sons/daughters contest schedule. For example:
- You can download your son/daughters contest schedule into your calendar program and when we (the Athletic Department) change one of his/her contests, it will move the contest on whatever calendar program you use automatically - which is very nice.
- You can sign up to receive text/e-mail alerts regarding schedule changes - really nice for parents of kids playing outdoor spring sports where the schedule changes regularly.
- You can have rSchool send you a text or e-mail reminder 15/30/45/etc., minutes before your son/daughters contest is supposed to start so you don't miss it.
- rSchool User Guide
End of Season Surveys
Student Athletes – The Vernon Hills Athletic Department is always looking for ways we can improve our Athletic Programs, and we will be looking to get some feedback from you about the season. As you get closer to the end of your season, keep checking your @vhhscougars.org e-mail account for an e-mail from me asking you to complete the survey.
CPR Training Video
Illinois Public Act 098-0305 requires the IHSA to be given a CPR training video to post on its website so that staff at IHSA-member schools can watch it. The act also indicates school districts shall notify parents and encourage them to view the video. CPR Training Video.
Sport Specific Awards Nights
- Each Individual Sport will be hosting their own Sport Specific Awards Night.
Cougar Athletic Booster (CAB) Meetings and Events
- Wednesday September 9 - 7:00 pm in the VHHS Library
- Wednesday October 9 - 7:00 pm in the VHHS Library
- Wednesday November 11 - 7:00 pm in the VHHS Library
- Wednesday December 9 - 7:00 pm in the VHHS Library
- Wednesday January 13 - 7:00 pm in the VHHS Library
- Wednesday February 10 - 7:00 pm in the VHHS Library
- Wednesday March 10 - 7:00 pm in the VHHS Library
- Saturday March 13 - 6:00 pm - CAB Winter Fundraiser - Doubletree
- Wednesday April 14 - 7:00 pm in the VHHS Library
- Wednesday May 12 - 7:00 pm in the VHHS Library
Extra-Curricular Code of Conduct
IHSA Sports Medicine
- Full Physical Form
- Sports Physical Form
- District 128 Concussion Protocol
- Concussion Information Sheet
- IHSA Performance Enhancing Substance Testing Policy - Read Full Policy
- Information on Nutrition, Steroid Education and Hydration are available from the IHSA Sports Medicine Advisory Committee.
- Anabolic Steroid Educational Information from the NFHS.
- Athletico Homepage