English Help Desk
What: Conference with a peer tutor about any piece of writing (bring your rubric)
When: Periods 1-8
Who: Open to all VHHS Students
- No appointment necessary.
- Have your assignment, prompt & rubric ready to go.
- Have a clear idea of what you'd like the tutors to help you with (say, sentence errors and imagery. . .) Avoid general statements such as "Can you look over my paper?"
- Use this recommended chart to organize your questions before, during and after the writing conference.
- Do not expect the tutors to read an entire paper during your conference.
- Make additional visits to the ARC for longer writing pieces