Virtual English Help Desk (Write Place)
What: Conference with an English teacher about any piece of writing
When: Periods 1-8
Where: Click here to enter the Virtual ARC
Who: VHHS students will be required to authenticate their school email prior to joining Zoom. Students will need their VHHS ID number in order to enter the virtual ARC. In addition, students will be required to have their camera on at all times during the tutoring session.Finally, students are expected to adhere to the Board of Education’s policies and student behavior standards which still apply when a student is receiving instruction by video or other remote means.
- No appointment with a teacher necessary.
- Have your assignment, prompt & rubric ready to go.
- Have a clear idea of what you'd like the teachers to help you with (say, sentence errors and imagery. . .) Avoid general statements such as "Can you look over my paper?"
- Use this recommended chart to organize your questions before, during and after the writing conference.
- Do not expect the teachers to read an entire paper during your conference.
- Make additional visits to the ARC for longer writing pieces or seek help from a peer tutor.
|3||Ms. McDonnell / Ms. Phillips|