English Help Desk
What: Conference with an English teacher about any piece of writing (bring your rubric)
When: Periods 1-8
Who: Open to all VHHS Students
- No appointment with a teacher necessary.
- Have your assignment, prompt & rubric ready to go.
- Have a clear idea of what you'd like the teachers to help you with (say, sentence errors and imagery. . .) Avoid general statements such as "Can you look over my paper?"
- Use this recommended chart to organize your questions before, during and after the writing conference.
- Do not expect the teachers to read an entire paper during your conference.
- Make additional visits to the ARC for longer writing pieces or seek help from a peer tutor.