2017-2018 School Registration is July 1st to July 20th.
2017-2018 School Registration Information & Documents
- Registration materials for the 2017-2018 school year will be mailed to families the final week of June. At that time, families can access their online PowerSchool parent portal (registration) and Webstore (fees) to complete the registration process. If you have not received your registration mailing by Monday, July 10th, please contact Mrs. Jenn Sheppard at 847-923-2088 or Mrs. Peggy Cope at 847-932-2030. The deadline for completed registration is Thursday, July 20th.
- Families who have completed online registration, paid fees, and verified residency (freshmen only), can pick up their student's schedule, chromebook (freshmen/transfer students only), locker assignment, bus information, ID, activity pass, and parking sticker on Thursday, August 3rd in the VHHS foyer from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Students return to school on Monday, August 14th.
- VHHS main office summer hours are Monday - Thursday from 7:30 am - 4:00 pm.
Incoming Freshman Families
Additionally, all incoming 9th grade students will prove residency in person at the Vernon Hills High School main office between July 5th and July 20th. Proof of residency is necessary for all incoming 9th graders, including students with siblings who currently attend VHHS. A detailed description of the necessary materials needed for proof of residency will be mailed home in the June registration packet. Freshman orientation is Tuesday, August 8th from 7:55 am to 11:30 am.
Registration Documents (Online registration / payments start July 1st)
- Summer Timeline & Deadlines
- Principal's Welcome Letter & Dates
- 17-18 Enrollment Directions and Checklist (Upperclassmen) / Directions and Checklist (Freshmen)
- In Person Proof of Residency (Freshmen only -- July 5th through July 20th)
- Health Form (English) / Health Form (Español)
- Summer Reading Flyer (English Department)
- Important Dates
- Parent Organizations / Volunteer
- Calculator Policy
- Bell Schedule
This page will assist families who are “school shopping” or who have recently moved into the VHHS attendance area. We hope that your transition to VHHS is a smooth one! If you need additional assistance please do not hesitate to call Andrew Young at 847-932-2214.
VHHS Course Selection Process
The links below are designed to help you understand the course registration and school enrollment timeline at Vernon Hills High School. Each link below includes information, timelines, and other documents that will help you make informed decisions regarding your student’s progression through high school.
Please follow the links below to the page that will be the most helpful.
Current students - This page will assist next year's 10th, 11th and 12th grade students at VHHS understand the course selection process that they will go through to prepare for the next school year. Current students will work closely with their assigned counselor as they transition from year to year.
- Enrollment and Registration Tips for Students
- Course Offerings
- 2017-2018 Curriculum Guide
- Course Registration Video
Current 8th Grade Student - Class of 2022 - This page will help“Future Cougars” understand the course selection and registration process they will go through to begin their career as a VHHS student. We hope this page will make this important transition as transparent as possible.
McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act of 1986 - For more information call Greg Stilling @ 847-932-2270.