School Social Workers
School social workers provide a variety of professional services which foster students’ physical, social, emotional, and academic growth. They promote and support the educational process by meeting the individual needs of students.
These services include, but are not limited to:
- Individual Counseling
- Assisting students in crisis
- Community Referrals
School social workers are often involved in helping students and their families with learning, behavior, and/or attendance concerns while strengthening home, school, and community partnerships.
- http://www.omniyouth.org - Counseling and 24 hour crisis hotline
- http://counselingforall.org - Counseling services for children, teens, adults, couples and families
- http://zcenter.org - Services to survivors of sexual assault and abuse
- http://www.asafeplaceforhelp.org - Domestic Violence
For more information or rescources, please contact your LST school social worker