SUMMER CAMP: Starts 6/07/2022 Tu (LHS Stadium) W (Adler Park Chalet) Th (OSFP) 7:30-9:30
1st Day of Practice (8/08/2022): 4:00 p.m (LHS Stadium. Plan on practices being from 4:00-6:15 p.m. and 8:30-10:30 am on Saturdays at Adler Park.
Parent Meeting 8/20/22: 7:45 a.m.
Time Trial 8/20/22 (Athletes ONLY): 8:15 @ Adler Park
Pictures: 8/20/22 10:30 a.m. Stadium
LHS BXC Mission:
The Libertyville High School Athletic Program will promote the DARING mission of District 128 by providing our student-athletes the opportunities to reach their potential as responsible and productive citizens. This is accomplished by fostering a culture of success with an emphasis on academic, athletic, social and personal development.
LHS Expectations For Success: PROGRAM
Passion (Choosing to sacrifice your time and comfort in order to achieve something important to you)
Respect (Treating others how you would like to be treated; teammates, coaches, other teams, officials, parents, yourself)
One (Team > Teammate > Self; our TEAM is what makes us great, not one individual)
Grit (Being courageous and pushing through discomfort; being comfortable being uncomfortable)
Reliability (Being someone others can trust and rely on to be their best everyday)
Accountability (Being able to take responsibility for your actions and being able to hold others to their best)
Mindfulness (Being aware of the present moment; calmly acknowledging your emotions, thoughts, and physical sensations)
These core values are non-negotiable.
Expectations for Running Outdoors
- Cold weather for XC is considered below 40 degrees, which requires warm clothes
- Warm and reflective clothing are needed to run outdoors (L/S Shirts, Sweat pants, Hats, Gloves, etc.)
- Run on sidewalks when possible, no more than 2 runners abreast while running in the roadway.
- When running on the street, run on the left side so you can see oncoming traffic.
- Never run alone and always know and follow the route.
- Earbuds and music devices are not permitted while running at practice
Join "Remind" for all new updates!
Follow us on Instagram!
Libertyville High School Boys Cross Country has a long history of cross country excellence. Libertyville runners are part of a dynasty. Names like Korhumel, Tam, Gordon, Hamilton, and Faiz, have become legendary. What you put in to Cross Country is what you get out. The only thing that separates first from last is a few years and your work ethic. Come watch us or better yet, join us as we continue the winning tradition!
- Conference Champions: 15 times
- Regional Champions (10) : 1988, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1995, 1996, 1997, 2011, 2018, 2020
- Team State Qualifiers (4) : 1966, 1988, 1991, 1992, 2020*,
- Individual State Qualifiers: 1978, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2012, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021