Announcements for 2022-23 Season:ATTENTION: There will be a preseason meeting on Thursday, October 6 at 8:00am in room 2102 (Mrs. Owens' room).
- Pretryout OPEN GYM dates will be available starting October 10 on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays after school until 5pm.
- Season tryouts begin Monday, November 7th (In order to try out each athlete must be registered for gymnastics AND have a current physical on file). All participants must notify the athletic secretary, email@example.com, if interested in trying out.
- Practices will be held daily immediately after school and on Saturday mornings.
- Athletes may NOT practice with their clubs during the high school season per IHSA guidelines. There are exceptions allowed for participating in club meets. High school competitions take priority over club meets. Missing a high school competition for a club meet will not be excused. The season schedule is posted; however, meets may be added. All club meet participation during the season must be granted permission through the IHSA and our athletic director, John Woods, BEFORE season begins. See the IHSA website for the permission to attend form.
- A tryout rubric is posted to the calendar below as well as in the team's google classroom. Click on event details for November 7 to see the rubric. In order to be eligible to make the team a score of 4 is required on the rubric with at least a ONE in each event (NEW). There will most likely be cuts this year due to safety constraints regarding the number of athletes in the gym.
- Mandatory Parent Meeting date will held on Tuesday, November 8.
- There is a mandatory team building event on Saturday, November 12 beginning at 3pm. Parents should contact Coach Owens by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if there are conflicts.
- There will be REQUIRED practices over both Thanksgiving and Holiday break (an athlete must attend a minimum of 4 practices over holiday break) please see the practice schedule for tentative practice dates. The schedule is NOT finalized. Meets and practices may still be added. There may be a need to visit family over the holidays. We will be flexible with attendance but please understand the importance of safety and the need for practice in the sport of gymnastics. Our previous attendance policy is listed below:
- 3 absences = miss a competition
- 3 unexcused absences = dismissal from team
- We are looking forward to a successful gymnastics season.
Important upcoming dates:
* Tryouts: Monday, November 7 , 8, 9
* Parent Meeting: Tuesday, November 8 - 6pm
* Lock in: TBD for the 2020-2021 season
* Black and Orange Meet (Intersquad Mock Meet): TBD