Announcements for 2020-21 Season:
- NEW ANNOUNCEMENT: Individual tryout times have been announced!!!! Please see google classroom for your specific tryout times. Your tryout time is based on the coaches' limited knowledge of your skills. Girls with similar skill levels have been placed in similar tryout groups. Please note - we coaches do not know what skills you have obtained in the offseason. If you are an incoming freshman then your skill level is unknown and will be assessed during tryouts. Please refer to the tryout rubric BEFORE tryouts so you have an idea what skills need to be demonstrated. Tryouts will happen in groups and are informal and are designed to be low pressure; however, you will need to perform your best skills in order to be placed in appropriate practice groups.
- If you do not see your name listed then you are not registered with the athletic office.
- It is your responsibility to make sure your physical is updated. If you do not have an updated physical than the school's athletic policy for this school year is that you may NOT try out and be a part of the team.
- ATTENTION: There will be a mandatory preseason meeting at 6:00pm on Tuesday, November 10th. The zoom link to join is:
- Pretryout OPEN GYM dates are Tuesday, Nov 10, Wednesday, Nov 11, and Thursday, November 12 from 4pm - 5:30pm. Due to the maximum capacity of the gym only 22 athletes will be allowed to attend each day. The first athletes to sign up will get to attend. You may attend all three dates if you like. Coach Owens will notify a gymnast if she is unable to attend due to an overage of participants. Use this sign up link: https://forms.gle/1zbaTUGCwsh2KVpp8
- Season tryouts begin Monday, November 16th (In order to try out each athlete must be registered for gymnastics AND have a current physical on file). All participants must notify the athletic secretary, email@example.com, if interested in trying out.
- A tryout rubric is posted to the calendar below as well as in the team's google classroom. Click on event details for November 16 to see the rubric. In order to be eligible to make the team a score of 4 is required on the rubric with at least a ONE in each event (NEW). There will most likely be cuts this year due to safety constraints regarding the number of athletes in the gym.
- Mandatory Parent Meeting date will be posted after tryouts and will be held via zoom.
- There will be REQUIRED practices over both Thanksgiving and Holiday break (an athlete must attend a minimum of 4 practices over holiday break) please see the practice schedule for tentative practice dates. The schedule is NOT finalized. Meets and practices may still be added. We realize this year is a while new animal with COVID. There may be many absences due to the need to quarantine. There may be a need to visit family over the holidays. We will be flexible but please understand the importance of safety and the need for practice in the sport of gymnastics. Our previous attendance policy is listed below:
- 3 absences = miss a competition
- 3 unexcused absences = dismissal from team
- Noting the IHSA COVID guidelines masks are required to be worn during all practices and competitions except during skill completion & event competition.
- Due to the pandemic this season's practices and meets will look different than all previous seasons. All precautions are taken to ensure the safety of our athletes, coaches, and staff.
- Practice times/dates/format are still evolving as new information is released about the upcoming season and about the pandemic.
- We are looking forward to a successful gymnastics season.
Important upcoming dates:
* Tryouts: Monday, November 16 & Tueday, November 17
* Parent Meeting: TBD
* Lock in: Cancelled for the 2020-2021 season
* Black and Orange Meet (Intersquad Mock Meet): Cancelled