The mission of the District 128 Foundation for Learning is to enhance and enrich the instructional program in Community High School District 128 by obtaining resources through community partnerships.
The Foundation will accomplish its mission through districtwide support for
- Student development.
- Provide resources for educational enrichment programs and activities.
- Extend opportunities for a quality education in areas beyond what is provided by the School District.
- Provide resources for unique student learning opportunities.
- Provide resources to ensure the success of students in need
- Staff excellence and creativity.
- Provide resources for innovative and creative instructional ideas and programs.
- Support unique opportunities for the development of employees.
- Provide support for staff to bring additional learning resources to the classroom and school.
- Attracting resources from diverse sources.
Donations - What does the Foundation Support?
The D128 Foundation for Learning has given $519,762.48 to Libertyville and Vernon Hills High Schools since the Foundation was formed in 2007. The D128 Foundation continues to support Students In Need, Student Scholarship and DARING Innovation Grants and Projects through donations and their fundraising efforts. Learn more about the difference that the Foundation is making in our high schools below.
- 182 Staff DARING Innovation Grants awarded - $282,846.33
- Projects money funded - $128,600
- Students In Need project funded since 2015 - $107,316.15
- These funds are used to help students who are in difficult financial circumstances meet their basic needs in order to be able to focus on learning.
- 10 Student Scholarships ($500 each) given since 2021 - $5,000
Your donation will make a difference. Please consider donating to the D128 Foundation for Learning a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization, EIN: 35-2307544.
D128 Foundation for Learning Board of Trustees
- Nancy Beaumont, Chairperson
- Chittu Arun, Fund Development Chair
- Mary Ann Eiserman, Projects Chair
- Erica Rendall, Secretary
- Kevin Jacobs, Treasurer
- Jenny Eitel
- Denise Herrmann
- Lisa Hessel
- Vinod Patel
- Steven Ryniec
- Anand Setty
- Kristin Slavish
- Diane Phillips, Executive Director
- Mary Todoric, District Communication Support
- Teresa Palaggi, Administrative Assistant
Board of Trustees - 2007 through 2021
The D128 Foundation for Learning is grateful for the Board of Trustees that donated countless hours of their time to serve on the board since the Foundation was created in 2007.
District 128 Foundation for Learning
50 Lakeview Parkway, Suite 101
Vernon Hills, IL 60061